Thursday, August 30, 2007

Welcome


I am starting my new blog on books & satire with my all time favorite quote by PG Wodehouse in his introduction to his Blandings Castle Novel Summer Lightning:

“A certain critic--for such men, I regret to say, do exist--made the nasty remark about my last novel that it contained `all the old Wodehouse characters under different names'. He has probably by now been eaten by bears, like the children who made mock of the prophet Elisha; but if he still survives he will not be able to make a similar charge against Summer Lightning. With my superior intelligence, I have outgeneralled the man this time by putting in all the old Wodehouse characters under the same names.”

It's a pity that Wodehouse's books are not so popular in the US (where I live). Forgive them for they do not know what they're missing.

No comments: